Monday 14 March 2011


Photography and Surreal Objects : Athens/Web
I tried looking on Athens but i couldnt find anything of value for this blog. So i decided to look on the web.

I started looking at Michiko Kon's work. I found a small piece of writing describing her work.
''Kon's work creates a delicious tension between the animate and inanimate. Diverse biological matter such as fish, plants and insects, are unexpectedly combined with clothing, shoes, furniture and even body parts''

From looking at Kon's work i found that the work is visually interesting to look at and also i like how the combination of the of the objects work together well.

My favourite image is the one called ''Brassiere and Gizzard Shads'' I like this image because it could be an item of clothing that could be worn and it also combines clothing with fish, which are named in the extract of writing that i found about Kon.
I found another artist called Kevin Wilson, although i couldnt find much information about him i did find a website with his images on. http://www.insomnium.co.uk/photography/

No comments:

Post a Comment